How to create an article and edit the settings.
To build an article please follow these steps:
- In AEM, navigate to your country folder, then to Content And Resources.
- There is a template folder here, please use these templates to create all new content in Content & Resources. Tick the template you would like to use and then select copy from the menu at appears at the top of the page.
- Now navigate to the 2019 folder in Content And Resources. In this folder, we’ve created several folders that should house all new articles and content from now on to make filing simple and easier to navigate for us. We will add 2020 folders before the end of the year to utilise from January.
- Select the folder you're adding your template to and then click "Paste" at the top of the page on the right hand side.
- Once your page has been copied to the correct folder, you can now start to edit it. Tick the article and then open properties along the top menu of the page. This opens up a new menu for your content.
- As you have copied a template, you'll need to replace the title with a new title of the content you are creating, and add this again in the Page Title too, along with a brief description of the article – no more than two lines of content here please as this pulls through to the preview of the article.
- *IMPORTANT* Add relevant tags, remembering to keep the tag for the year in there too along with an author, then click save.
- Next, you'll need to add images in the properties of this content. Upload your images to the DAM folder. Thumbnails need to be 780px x 300px, and Article Banners are 1200 x 400px.
- Once images have been uploaded, click Thumbnail along the top and then Select Image to open the folder system. Find the image you have uploaded and select it – this then pulls through to the content preview in Content & Resources so it’s important to add.
- Next, click “Article Info” at the top right of the page and ensure the article publish date is correct. Also here in this list, next to the Asset Image Page field please add the url path to the article image again.
- Once you've done the above, click the blue “Save & Close” button.
- If you copied and pasted the template, you’ll need to “move it” to it’s new url. Ensure the article is still ticked and click “Move” from the menu at the top of the page.
- Change the page name to the new article url you are creating, then click the blue Next button.
- Now, tick the parent folder you are moving the article to (basically where the article will be found). Click the blue Next button. This will display what you are moving. Click the blue move button to complete the process.
This completes the admin side of the content and it’s now ready for editing.
- Tick/Highlight your article, and then click edit in the top menu to open it. This opens your article in a new window.
- Edit/create your content within this page – remember that if it has a form, you’ll need a thank you page.
- If the template has one, replace the banner image on page. The full width banner image we have been using is 1200px width x 400px height.
- Add any other relevant content according to the template you're using, and try to keep the structure of the templates as close as possible to it's original layout.
- Once all this is done, you can close the page and then hit the “Quick Publish” in the top menu to push this to Production ready for go-live.
- Once you are ready to activate fully to the site, use the "Quick Publish" option in AEM PROD PREVIEW to put your content live on the site.