Security solutions and services for the education sector
Education providers are an attractive target for cyber criminals. Their IT networks hold personal information about thousands of students, staff and donors as well as a significant library of intellectual property.
This has led the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) to issue alerts in 2020 and 2021 about the spike in ‘devastating’ cyber attacks against education providers.
The key to preventing these attacks and minimising their impact is proactively putting in place security measures. Fortunately, there are many straightforward steps schools, multi-academy trusts, colleges and universities can take to better secure their networks.
Insight and its partners can help the education sector with the following:
- Endpoint protection – anti-virus solutions blocking malware and ransomware to protect your computers, servers, tablets and mobile phones
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR) and vulnerability management – helping education providers to have better threat visibility across their network and remediate and recover from a breach
- Email and cloud security – complimenting native security features of platforms including Microsoft 365 and Salesforce
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certification and other security assessments
- Security services including penetration testing and incident response