Insight's dedicated police team
Insight’s security cleared, dedicated Police team have had the privilege to support and supply ICT hardware, software, professional services, consultancy and managed services to all UK police forces for over 15 years.
Police forces across the UK provide an outstanding standard of service to the public, but as crime increases in complexity, so demands on police resources become ever greater. Forces must embrace new technologies to stay secure, efficient and effective, and Insight is at the forefront of the drive to provide the Police with cost effective, high quality and time saving solutions.
- Supply Chain Optimisation; creating cost savings that can be redirected to budgets in support of frontline policing
- Agile working; supporting the adoption of mobile technology to further enhance the benefits of the National Enablement Programmes Productivity Services. Productivity Services enable you to enjoy the benefits of Microsoft 365, including safer, better ways of working, time and productivity returns and enhanced information sharing and collaboration
- Data driven decision making; Advanced Analytics that harness the vast quantities of data collated by the collaborating police forces. Example use case is utilising Power BI to model workforce management
- Online services; improve interaction with the public via improved online services
- Digital forensics; AI and enhanced forensic workstations to improve workflow and speed up evidence gathering from digital evidence, reducing time to conviction
- Provision of In-vehicle and mobile devices to support the agile and remote working environments necessary for improving the speed of response and access to information required in the field.
Enabling Business Delivery
- Agile working; not just improving frontline services, but also allowing back office support staff to work remotely, can mean estate rationalisation becomes an opportunity for increased cost savings
- Provision of In-vehicle and mobile devices to support the agile and remote working environments necessary for improving the speed of response and access to information required in the field
- Enabling efficient and cost effective management of technology, can help create cost savings that can be reinvested in front line policing
As a regional collaboration of police forces we have been partnered with Insight since September 2019. During that time we have built an excellent working relationship built around being mutually successful. Through creating this partnership with Insight we have been able to change the ways of working both in a procurement perspective and how the technical teams operate. The obvious benefits achieved are in the form of savings to our forces and Insight have been very proactive in working with vendors to create bid pricing on behalf of all forces. They have also negotiated significant cost reductions on specific projects with key vendors and have offered numerous added value services such as stockholding facilities in their secure warehouse and asset tagging services.
Another key benefit has been the ability to allow local P2P teams to establish their own catalogues within the Insight e-Purchasing portal and manage their own quote generation locally. This has helped to consolidate the product range and make the process less resource intensive. All in all it has been an extremely positive relationship to date and where issues have arisen they have been promptly dealt with. David Holbrook MCIPS
Senior Category Manager (IT), Procurement Team at Yorkshire & the Humber Police Forces
Framework arrangements are set up by Public Sector bodies (often called Public Buying Organisations (PBO’s) with suppliers to provide goods and services according to certain requirements.