Insight Accessibility Statement
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Insight recognises the importance of providing a website that is accessible to all user groups. We believe that improving the accessibility of the site improves the usability of the site for everyone.
We are currently working on improving our site using The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to improve accessibility. The pages on our website conform to many of the A and AA compliance guidelines as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
We strive to obey the spirit of the Equality Act 2010 with respect to the provision of services online, as required by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
We're committed to making Insight accessible to all users, and we're continually striving to improve it. Some of the specific steps we have taken to improve accessibility include:
- A sitemap to aid those who have trouble using the main navigation system
- To make the language of the text plain and easy to understand so that the pages have good readability
- To make the text of links adequately meaningful so that their target is clear when they are read out of context
- To give images appropriate alternative text so that the information they contain is conveyed to those who cannot see them
- To ensure that foreground and background colours contrast sufficiently so that information is conveyed to those who have difficulty distinguishing colours
- To ensure all content can be accessed by keyboard only and that tab ordering is logical
- To ensure all pages are structured correctly with meaningful headings and sub-headings
Our website includes the following features:
Zoom: Modern browsers can magnify websites instantly, keeping the design intact but assisting legibility for visually-impaired users.
Adobe PDF files: Some additional information is available on our website in the form of Adobe pdf files. Clicking on a link to these files will open a new browser window. We're working to make our most important documents fully accessible.
Text Resizing: You can resize the text in your browser by following these instructions:
- PC - Internet Explorer 6
From the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- PC - Internet Explorer 7
From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- PC - Other browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press +
Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press –
- Mac - all browsers
Increase text size: Hold down the Command key and press +
Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press –
Tabbed Content: Some areas of our site now use tabbed containers to allow you to select the information you want to read and stop the page from looking overcrowded. All the available content is read out by screen readers when the page is loaded.
Forms: We try to ensure that forms are completed and coded correctly, so that assistive technologies can read out the content in a logical and appropriate way.
Alt Text: We use alt text to provide helpful information contained within imagery such as product names, but we do leave it blank if the image is purely for illustration. This allows screen readers to skip this element and move to more meaningful content.
Feedback: If you'd like to ask a question or make a comment on your experience of using insight.com in EMEA please complete our online form.